- Hello fellow adult soccer players. Salmon Creek is starting adult foundations classes for anyone that wants some extra exercise or to learn more about the game of soccer. This is open for all 18 and up!
- Passing drills & Receiving drills, Dribbling and Carrying the Ball up and down the field as a team or individual and a scrimmage at the end.
- We are offering individual classes or group sessions of up to 12 adults per class.
- Time: Morning classes, Noon Classes, and Night classes are also available. Call us for more information :)
- Pricing: $50 for one 50 mins or $150 for 4 classes.
- Day: M-Sun Give us a call and we will schedule you in.
- Cancelation: Please let our facility know at least 24 hours before your class. We will reschedule your time and make sure you get your sessions in.
Why should you sign up for our Adult league Foundations? Here are just a few reasons…
1. Teaches Coordination: Due to shifts between walking, running and sprinting, coordination is key to soccer. Body coordination is improved through the complex movements like dribbling, turning and passing, which are performed at varying rates of speed and direction. Hand-eye coordination is improved when players either kick the ball or receive a pass from someone. The better the coordination in a player, the greater their advantage in a match.
2. Promotes Teamwork and Sharing: While fitness goals are generally very personal, we can all benefit from sharing common goals with others who push us towards them. The lessons that players learn on the field translate to the rest of their lives and the camaraderie teammates share is unparalleled. The ability to work with others to reach a common goal is powerful when related to everyday life—in other words, join a team!
3. Increases Cognitive Brain Function: Soccer help increase skills in concentration, persistence and self-discipline because it is a fast-paced game that requires quick decisions on the field. Even when the tempo appears to slow down, players are constantly looking for territorial advantages, trying to position themselves to receive a pass or defend an area.
4. Increases Confidence, Self-esteem and Helps to Reduce Anxiety: Building physical strength and endurance helps build confidence in a player both on and off the field. Confidence and self-esteem not only impact sports performance, but also performance in school, career, family life and friendships. Also, as with all forms of exercise, the feel-good endorphin released into the body after a match is a major stress and anxiety reducer. Several studies point to exercise as being a highly effective treatment for depression and anxiety.